Hello, I’m Gary Bartanus. I am an educational technologist who has taught a wide diversity of learners from all over the world and who is now using that experience to inform my current contract position as an instructional designer.
When I began my education career nearly 20 years ago, I soon became immersed in the constantly evolving field of special education, where technology and the Universal Design for Learning (UDL) framework were often used to facilitate the inclusion of special needs students with mainstream learners.
Today, with a Master of Educational Technology degree from one of the world’s leading universities, I love integrating educational technology with modern learning theory and socio-constructivist principles. This is vital, exciting work that enables learners to take ownership of their transformative learning experiences and empowers them for success in the 21st century.
Recent Workshops (2017 to present)
- Instructional Skills Workshop (ISW)
- Facilitating Learning Online (FLO)
- Facilitator Development Online (FDO)
- Facilitator Development Workshop (FDW)
- Getting Started with Collaborate Ultra
- Teaching with Collaborate Ultra
- Moodle: Getting Around
- Moodle: Editing and Enhancing (MEEO)